Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

seperate music libraries in family membership

Hello,

Just upgraded to a family plan on Apple Music, it says each individual gets their own music library but my music is still going onto other members phones and vise versa. How do I make a seperate playlist for each phone?

My mothers account is the one in control, I have logged onto Apple Music using her account on my phone, as logging in under my account didn’t work. Is that correct? Sorry I sorta need step by step explanation.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 8:05 PM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2017 9:11 AM in response to Shanellemaree

Hey Shanellemaree,

If I understand correctly, you are seeing other people music, and you log in using someone else's Apple ID. The music associated with that Apple ID will go to all the devices that are using that Apple ID. If you sign in using your Apple ID you will see your content and not another persons content. What is happening when you say logging in under your account doesn't work? I would recommend you read this article, it explains how to use your Apple ID with Family Sharing.

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

seperate music libraries in family membership

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.