Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Bluetooth El capitan 11.6 works only downloading!

I have a Samsung GalaxyS4 phone and iMac with this Bluetooth config from System Report:

Services: Bluetooth File Transfer: When receiving items: Accept all; State: Disabled

Bluetooth File Exchange....State: Disabled

Curiously, I can download from iMac to phone, but every time I try to connect phone I get error: Network is unavailable, and Bluetooth icon is "zigzagged" out.

I'm writing this with a bluetooth keyboard!

Any ideas?

Services:

State: Disabled

B

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 9:12 AM in response to stefanfromsaintpaul In response to stefanfromsaintpaul

if it was me then I would ask in the Samsung forum

with iphones and ipads and ipod touch the only Bluetooth thing they support in terms of computers very limited

android users would likely have insight as to what their phones support and some users would likely like yourself be using mac comptuers as well

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 9:12 AM in response to stefanfromsaintpaul In response to stefanfromsaintpaul

if it was me then I would ask in the Samsung forum

with iphones and ipads and ipod touch the only Bluetooth thing they support in terms of computers very limited

android users would likely have insight as to what their phones support and some users would likely like yourself be using mac comptuers as well

Nov 14, 2017 9:12 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 14, 2017 10:11 AM in response to Rudegar In response to Rudegar

Note that the Bluetooth services are disabled.... why would they be in El Capitan? It worked just fine both directions in my previous OSX 10.6.8, Snow Leopard. Looks to me like it is an iMac El Capitan issue (or some bluetooth gremlin snuck into an OSX version between 10.6.8 and 10.11.6)

Nov 14, 2017 10:11 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: stefanfromsaintpaul

Question: Bluetooth El capitan 11.6 works only downloading!