Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is "Word count"?

Where is "word count" in Pages? Please help to locate "word count" in Pages. I cannot find it after downloading macOs High Sierra.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 11:29 PM

Thank you, but I finally managed to figure it out. Once I updated to MacOS High Sierra, several small items have been jumbled around. I went to “view” icon and all it had was character count, which is NOT word count. I never knew character count was there. I finally hit that hoping word count might show up. After trying several things and looking in several places, I hit character count again and, just for the heck of it I right clicked on it. Sure enough, arrows appear with choices. Word count was there.🙄

Also, the download screwed up my printer’s connection to print from computer. Scanner worked but not printing. I eventually tried adding the same printer to my printer settings and that worked.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 11:29 PM in response to thoseweredaysofroses

Thank you, but I finally managed to figure it out. Once I updated to MacOS High Sierra, several small items have been jumbled around. I went to “view” icon and all it had was character count, which is NOT word count. I never knew character count was there. I finally hit that hoping word count might show up. After trying several things and looking in several places, I hit character count again and, just for the heck of it I right clicked on it. Sure enough, arrows appear with choices. Word count was there.🙄

Also, the download screwed up my printer’s connection to print from computer. Scanner worked but not printing. I eventually tried adding the same printer to my printer settings and that worked.

Nov 14, 2017 7:25 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Yes, of course I looked there. But it didn’t exist there at all. Only “character count” without an arrow to other options. I only saw the options by going to the icon on the toolbar and then actually hitting “character count”. When it showed the character count at the bottom of my document page, I just happened to right click, and there were my options.

Before I downloaded MacOS, word count was always easily available.

Where is "Word count"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.