Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to AirPort Utility?

I am wondering if there will ever be an update to AirPort Utility on iOS?

The application itself has not seen an update since iOS 8. I think since we are on iOS 11 there should be an update.

The GUI for one does not really flow well with iOS anymore. Also, for those whom own an iPhone X, the incorrect aspect ratio is not appealing either. I understand that this is something we (iPhone X owners) will just have to put up with while application creators redesign their apps. My assumption though would be that the first people to do so would be Apple! It seems that they have fallen short on a few of the first party apps when it comes to supporting the iPhone X.

Does anyone know of an update or have they just forgotten about the AirPort and it’s supporting software?

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 10:23 AM

AirPort Utility for the Mac has not really changed much at all since it was introduced in 2010, so I doubt that you will see much activity with the iOS version.

On a user-to-user support forum, no one here will have any idea of what a very secretive company like Apple might be planning to do, or when they might be planning to do it.

If you have some suggestions for a new product or application, you can tell Apple what you would like to see by using this link:

Feedback - AirPort Extreme - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 10:23 AM in response to t_millz

AirPort Utility for the Mac has not really changed much at all since it was introduced in 2010, so I doubt that you will see much activity with the iOS version.

On a user-to-user support forum, no one here will have any idea of what a very secretive company like Apple might be planning to do, or when they might be planning to do it.

If you have some suggestions for a new product or application, you can tell Apple what you would like to see by using this link:

Feedback - AirPort Extreme - Apple

Update to AirPort Utility?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.