Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible Cause to 7plus Mic Issues

This is an informative post not a question. This may be a problem on the regular IPhone 7 as well as my 7plus.

I recently have been battling a muffled mic during phone calls. Speaker phone worked just fine, as well did “Hey Siri”. Did not have issue with audio during videos on camera either. Tried updating, clearing, restoring. Cleaned out the ports on my phone from lint etc...... Needless to say it boiled down to the waterproofing around my mic/speaker failing. The tar -like sealant shift or possibly broke down and was covering up my Mic and both speakers slightly. Yes I did fix this myself unfortunately the bottom end of my phone or possibly the whole is no longer waterproof having tore it apart. The speakers sounds clearer and louder. MOST IMPORTANTLY MY D&#^ Mic works now. Just thought i would inform people of another possible cause/issue!

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 10:47 PM

There are no replies.

Possible Cause to 7plus Mic Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.