Question: Can't format an ext. drive? High Sierra/AFPS issue?
For some reason, I'm unable to format an external HD.
Is this because I've upgraded to "High Sierra?" The new "AFPS" file system?
- I've tried TWO DIFFERENT, brand new external HD's (a trusted brand of bare drives that I use for archiving)
- Neither would format on my iMac nor my MBP!
- Tried "Disk Utility>repair and/or format, etc. (MacJournal, ExFat...)
- Quite simply the disks are not recognized by my both of my Macs.
- Older HD's that have already been formatted (same brand) are still recognized
- Reiterating, I sent back the first drive thinking it was defective. I was sent a NEW one. Same issue.
The ONLY variable I can think of is, I have updated to High Sierra since I last formatted this brand of HD's.
iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), macOS Sierra (10.12.3), 3.4Ghz Intel i7 32GB FCPX 10.3.2