Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to change data settings for My iPhone apps?

My phone isn't on low power mode. I've been trying to use few apps but their data connection had been disabled and now I'm unable to use them. Please help me as I need to use those apps.

The settings seem to be locked or something.

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 9:58 AM

Hi Anushilj,

I understand that you are wanting to use mobile data for your apps but you are unable to make any changes to the settings. It sounds like you have Restrictions turned on. Please go to Settings > Restrictions > enter in the Restrictions passcode and scroll down to 'Allow Changes:'. Tap on Cellular/Mobile Data Use and make sure that there is a check mark by 'Allow Changes'. You can also disable Restrictions if you no longer need it activated. Please review the following article for additional information:

Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a wonderful night.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2017 9:58 AM in response to Anushilj

Hi Anushilj,

I understand that you are wanting to use mobile data for your apps but you are unable to make any changes to the settings. It sounds like you have Restrictions turned on. Please go to Settings > Restrictions > enter in the Restrictions passcode and scroll down to 'Allow Changes:'. Tap on Cellular/Mobile Data Use and make sure that there is a check mark by 'Allow Changes'. You can also disable Restrictions if you no longer need it activated. Please review the following article for additional information:

Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a wonderful night.

Jan 4, 2018 5:30 PM in response to Moozito

I tried this as well and found that I wasn't using restrictions, so I enabled them and then disabled them in the hope this would resolve the issue. It didn't. I am trying to allow an app to use both WLAN and Cellular data. Currently it is set to only allow WLAN. When I change it to use both it goes back to WLAN only. When I turn it all off, it will stay off. When I turn it all on, it goes back to WLAN only. I am unable to get it to allow both WLAN and Cellular data.

Unable to change data settings for My iPhone apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.