Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does calendar and contacts use so much cellular data

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 10:33 PM

2 replies

Nov 13, 2017 10:46 PM in response to jpfersich

Hi jpfersich,

In the bottom of this menu you can see below "Reset Statistics"an information called "Last Reset:".

Your "Current Period"is based in your last reset. System is counting data use since from this last reset.

Isn't normal to Calendar/Contacts use all this data, for a week for example, or a month... but if you never reseted the statistics, in the first sync from your phone and calendar app, it's possible to consume much data with Contacts Image, integrated Calendars, informations attached.

Please check if do you have any kind of integration on this apps and your last reset to conclude it's using much data.

Nov 13, 2017 11:24 PM in response to ckonrar

I reset the statistics, it said never reset but I think that was from the update to iOS 11 since I reset the stats the 2nd of the month and ATT told me I ate my 3 gb of data in days. Currently I have used 5 gb of data. And contacts have used 800 mb and calendar has used 1 gb of data before reset. I now have to put up with limited connectivity until December 2.

As far as I know, this has only happened since I upgraded to iOS 11.

Why does calendar and contacts use so much cellular data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.