Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Hi, i have a problem with my Iphone

Hi, i have a problem with my Iphone 6 plus, and i go to Apple agency in Egypt (Best Buy ), he received it but without case for my device , he give me a report with multi touch problem , and he informed me that he will replace it with new on within 4 or 8 weeks without case (Why???) , i informed him that Why he didn't take the old case (Carton) for my old device and i need a carton for the new one , but he replied that i will receive a receipt with new serial number linked with old serial number , so i need your advice

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 12:32 AM in response to EgyptMo In response to EgyptMo

If I understand you correctly, you bought a case for the original iPhone and now that has been granted a replacement, you want the case replaced too.

I'm afraid that cannot be. Each purchase was individual and cannot be linked for the exchange of any one of them.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 12:32 AM in response to EgyptMo In response to EgyptMo

If I understand you correctly, you bought a case for the original iPhone and now that has been granted a replacement, you want the case replaced too.

I'm afraid that cannot be. Each purchase was individual and cannot be linked for the exchange of any one of them.

Nov 14, 2017 12:32 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 14, 2017 12:36 AM in response to seventy one In response to seventy one

i bought an original Iphone 6 plus from 6 months and now i faced a problem with multi touch , so i went to Apple store with gurantee , the resbonsible for that take the device and check it then informed me that it will be raplaced with new one but without new carton ( device only ) without backage so i need to know WHY????

Nov 14, 2017 12:36 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 12:46 AM in response to EgyptMo In response to EgyptMo

I can see your concern. If it is new it should have a pckage on which are the identifying details of the new phone. Otherwise it could be any old refurbished phoen.

There should be a package; I am sure all refurbished items come with one, but Apple do not guarantee that a replacement will be new. They do guarantee the replacement is as good as new and carries the same warranty as a new item.

Nov 14, 2017 12:46 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 1:09 AM in response to EgyptMo In response to EgyptMo

You may. The decision is based on circumstances in the store. But as I said, a refubished phone is as good, if not better than a new one. As far as I an see, it will be given to you in a plain box.

If you are under warranty then Apple should replace your broken iPhone, but it's unlikely they would give you a newer model. You should also note your replacement phone may not be new, it is likely to be refurbished, however, that will not affect your warranty.

Nov 14, 2017 1:09 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: EgyptMo

Question: Hi, i have a problem with my Iphone