Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes ejects iPod. When iTunes is uninstalled iPod connects fine to macbook, when iTunes is installed, iPod ejects immediately

Hi, out of nowhere iTunes will not recognise my iPod Classic 80GB on my Macbook. The strange thing is, it shows up on my colleague's iTunes. I have tried most of the fixes out there to no avail. I have tried: SMC-reset, NRAM-reset, Reseting the iPod (select/menu), Updating iPod, Changing cables, Changing USB ports, Going through a powered hub, Updating iTunes, Downgrading iTunes, Uninstalling iTunes, Setting iPod in disk mode (which makes it show up in finder, but still not iTunes)

Is there anything else I could try? I can't make any sense of it... I have also tried restoring the iPod and copying the working iTunes from the other mac to my macbook. Appliaction, folder in library and preferences, but nothing...

It is definitely not the cable or ipod as it works fine other places. The problem lies with iTunes and something broken within some hidden file.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), iOS 11.1, Latest software versions

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 1:28 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes ejects iPod. When iTunes is uninstalled iPod connects fine to macbook, when iTunes is installed, iPod ejects immediately

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.