Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Battery Questions

Is it safe to let the battery run down to 5% before calibrating ?

and what does calibrating actually do, does it make the battery last longer ?

and, can a big aluminium case cause battery to drain quicker ?

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 3:07 AM

Take a look at these useful notes from Apple. Ideally you should read all of it but there are specific sections too.

https://www.apple.com/uk/batteries/

5 replies

Dec 8, 2017 3:48 AM in response to venomx92

Here are the 13 Ways to Improve Battery Life on Your New iPhone or Old iPhone.

You can use the following methods to save your battery:-

1. Battery Saver Mode
  2. Shoot Videos at Lower Quality
  3. Turn Down the Brightness
  4. Set Auto-Lock Time
  5. Turn off Background App Refresh
  6. Manage Notifications
  7. Disable Raise to Wake
  8. Disable Wifi and Bluetooth
  9. Turn off Location Services
  10. Disable Automatic Downloads
  11. Enable Airplane Mode
  12. Turn off Vibration
  13. Keep your Software Up to date

Dec 8, 2017 5:19 AM in response to HowTechHack

Here are the 13 Ways to Improve Battery Life on Your New iPhone or Old iPhone. (with my comments. Keep in mind everyone uses their phone differently)

You can use the following methods to save your battery:-

1. Battery Saver Mode (I do not use this mode unless it prompts me to and I can't access a charger. Granted I have a portable battery charger in my backpack, but I'm not lugging that around everywhere I go. Normally if I go shopping my phone is either full, or has enough juice to last until I get back home)
  2. Shoot Videos at Lower Quality (I have mine set to the max, and I doubt this has an effect)
  3. Turn Down the Brightness (Auto Brightness is enabled on my phone, so this has no effect on the battery, unless you're blind)
  4. Set Auto-Lock Time (5 minutes on my phone just in case. But still does not drain my battery)
  5. Turn off Background App Refresh (I do not turn this off and I haven't had the battery suck the juice down like candy. Can I say that?)
  6. Manage Notifications (Not on my phone. Some notifications however are switched off, but some I have to leave on)
  7. Disable Raise to Wake (No proof that the battery is drained from this method. I have it on and nothing. This is a user preference that has zero effect on the battery. You can turn this on and off at will)
  8. Disable Wifi and Bluetooth (No evidence is out there that this drains the battery. Mine is on all the time and it doesn't drain my battery, even in standby. If anyone wants to refute this, by all means go ahead. You're in for a losing battle. Bluetooth has to remain on for my Fitbit. Even that has a zero draw, or it draws so little, it's not worth mentioning. WiFi is on for 2 reasons. Location Services and personal preference. When I get home or at work, I'm instantly on it and don't have to toggle the switch on and off)
  9. Turn off Location Services (Once again, no effect on the battery. If you are running a weather based app, this must remain on to get the forecast and any weather related warnings).
  10. Disable Automatic Downloads (I have my phone like this, where I check for updates once every 24 hours, 72 if I'm off work. Sometimes the phone notifies me with a number on the App Store if there are updates available)
  11. Enable Airplane Mode (Why is this here)
  12. Turn off Vibration (I have mine off, because I can't stand it)
  13. Keep your Software Up to date (Once again, a no brainer)

This clean off?

iPhone Battery Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.