Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can't log in to iCloud from Mac after High Sierra update

Hi. I have done High Sierra (10.13.1) update on MacBook and now cannot log into iCloud/iCloud Drive. I enter name and pw, the 'wheel' spins, and then the window for my sign-in details returns to blank, with no error message. I have also lost the files I had on the desktop, though I can see that they are still backed up on icloud (when I go in via icloud.com). I can get into itunes from the MacBook - using same i.d. I also now have problems with Ace Money, which closes spontaneously after a minute or so. All these problems continue if I use Safe Mode. I did a Time Machine backup before downloading High Sierra, so I guess I can return to the previous OS version..... Any bright ideas out there? Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 10.13.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 4:08 AM in response to HenryRoad In response to HenryRoad

I've had no trouble accessing my iCloud account on any of my systems since upgrading. Have you tried using a different browser? Have you tried turning off your browser extensions? I'm not familiar with Ace Money - have you checked that it is compatible with HS? Some software has required updates.

Nov 14, 2017 4:08 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 4:43 AM in response to dwb In response to dwb

Thanks dwb. To be on the safe side I have switched back to Safari as default browser (from Chrome), and have no extensions (though there are plug-ins). This has not made any difference to the problems. Re Ace Money, my programme is up to date but, as you suggest, maybe they are preparing something. I have emailed them but no response yet.

Nov 14, 2017 4:43 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 5:53 AM in response to HenryRoad In response to HenryRoad

These links might give you some ideas can't sign in to icloud from my macbook pro |Official Apple Support Communities and Get help with iCloud - Apple Support

One other thought, you haven’t recently enabled “Two-Factor”, Apple seem to chuck that option at you on each OS update now and it’s easy to click the wrong option when running through the SetUp following a software update (a long shot 🙂).

ps. Two-Factor is just a guess, seem to remember reading somewhere else it can cause issue when logging in, but I might be mistaken.

Nov 14, 2017 5:53 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: HenryRoad

Question: Can't log in to iCloud from Mac after High Sierra update