Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: 2nd hand phone but still connected to an apple ID

I have an old iphone 5c that I'm passing onto a friend. I thought it was all reset, but when I gave it to them it was asking to login to an apple ID. I've checked and both my apple ID doesn't have this phone attached to it. However, it's saying that it's needed to reset the phone. It says login to apple ID c••••••@icloud.com I have never had an apple ID that starts with 'c'.

What can I do?

Any help would be much appreciated.

iPhone 5c

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 2:46 AM in response to kirra36 In response to kirra36

There's not too much you can do if you don't know the Apple ID that is signed in to Find My iPhone on that phone. If you have the sales receipt from when you purchased the phone, AppleCare can submit to have it removed for you. Otherwise, you'll need to at least figure out what Apple ID is signed in to that phone.

Nov 14, 2017 2:46 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 3:07 AM in response to kirra36 In response to kirra36

Hi

Go to settings down to find my iPhone on a apple device you have top of page left-hand side Click on list of devices remove iPhone that you gave to your friend.

Then tell him to go to settings down to reset Restore iPhone back to factory settings.

Then it,s ready for new user.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

Nov 14, 2017 3:07 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 2:05 PM in response to kirra36 In response to kirra36

Oh dear ....

The strange thing is that I bought it from Kogan several years ago. Handed it down to my son. He now has a new phone and I removed this phone from my apple ID. Now it's asking for an apple ID I have no idea about.

Thanks for your reply.

Nov 14, 2017 2:05 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 9:35 PM in response to xxscott05xx In response to xxscott05xx

Hmm ... thanks for the tip about the sales receipt. I now remember, I bought it from Kogan, had it replaced by them 2 years later as the battery was exploding. Maybe they gave me a phone that was locked still to someone's ID. Will follow that one up.

Thanks

Nov 14, 2017 9:35 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: kirra36

Question: 2nd hand phone but still connected to an apple ID