Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: NVIDIA Driver Support High Sierra

Okay, okay, okay... Seriously what the **** is going on.

I have the latest NVIDIA CUDA driver for my 15" Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro. That driver number is v9.0.222. It's the second to be released since macOS High Sierra and the preference pain is STILL telling me it needs to be updated.

My Mac is so incredibly slow, laggy and sluggish because this driver clearly doesn't work... Yet it's been released by NVIDA for 10.13. I don't get it.

I've got an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M GPU.

How is it that NVIDIA release two drivers for this OS and they don't work? Is there anything I can do? I there and older driver that works perfectly fine?

Please help me 😟

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.3), Late 2013

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 7:41 AM in response to Nick Jeremiah In response to Nick Jeremiah

Nick Jeremiah wrote:

How is it that NVIDIA release two drivers for this OS and they don't work? Is there anything I can do? I there and older driver that works perfectly fine?

Please help me 😟

Your question would likely be better if directed at Nvidia on their sight

as these supplemental drivers, especially CUDA, are not standard Apple issue.

Nov 14, 2017 7:41 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 27, 2017 12:24 PM in response to Nick Jeremiah In response to Nick Jeremiah

Nick,

I just posted a similar thread on NVIDIA's forums:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1032731/geforce-apple-gpus/cuda-driver- absolutely-unacceptable-by-nvidia/

I too have the 2013 MacBook Pro Retina and I can't believe Apple and NVIDIA aren't getting their stuff together (for lack of a better word).

It's absolutely crazy.

Here's a link I created on the Apple Forums:

MacBook Pro Retina Nvidia Drivers (macOS 10.13)

Dec 27, 2017 12:24 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 22, 2018 10:08 PM in response to Nick Jeremiah In response to Nick Jeremiah

This might help somewhat: you can switch between "NVIDIA Web Driver" and "Default macOS Graphics Driver". This setting is available from NVIDIA Driver Manager in your System Settings.

Note that in my case "Default macOS Graphics Driver" runs quite OK, but it complains about required update, which is not available (my driver version is: CUDA Driver Version: 387.99; GPU Driver Version: 355.11.10.10.20.111) every time I start my mac up. While "NVIDIA Web Driver" does not complain about the version, but in some applications like Google Maps, images simply turn black and do not display.

I hope this helps.

Jan 22, 2018 10:08 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Nick Jeremiah

Question: NVIDIA Driver Support High Sierra