Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost note file, from “ON MY IPHONE” folder

After the last update of my i-Phone 7, (2 weeks ago - update 11.0.3. (15A432)), an important file of mine, kept in the application “Notes” in the folder “ON MY IPHONE” files, disappeared. The file is obviously not synchronized to i-Cloud.

I tried since then to find it, also with the help of the purchased for that reason program “EaseUS MobiSaver Proffesional 7.5” but I had no luck.

The file can’t be found, not even in the deleted.

Please advise if it can be restored somehow and why that may have happened.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 3:20 AM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2017 6:12 AM in response to panos60

No, I'm sorry. Restoring a backup can be made on an iPhone (not a computer) and you cannot extract only notes from it. It's "everything or nothing". And you can't access it.

If you're sure that the disappeared note is present in your old backup and is so important to retrieve it, you can:

1. Search the AppStore for a 3rd party app that can extract data from your backup (i.e. Anytrans or PhoneRescue)

2. Make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store, and ask if they can restore your old backup to a different iphone, so that they can "transfer" your note to your device via mail or airdrop.

Regards

Giulio

Lost note file, from “ON MY IPHONE” folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.