Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which button should I press out of keep a copy, cancel or Remove from Mac? The dialogue box say's ' if you turn off iCloud, all documents stored in iCloud will be removed from this Mac. I don't want them to be.

Hi, I am trying to upgrade to High Sierra from the previous OS on a MacBook Air. A dialogue box has appeared during the installation which says 'of you turn off iCloud Drive, all documents stored in iCloud will be removed from this Mac. The button choices I have are:

keep a copy

cancel

remove from Mac

l do not want to lose documents please advise.

Thanks

MacBook Air, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 6:21 AM

Do you use iCloud Drive to store documents? If so, keep iCloud Drive turned on. If you don't you can click remove from Mac. This will NOT delete documents you have in Documents or other folders. It will only remove documents stored on your Mac under iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 6:21 AM in response to thincat

Do you use iCloud Drive to store documents? If so, keep iCloud Drive turned on. If you don't you can click remove from Mac. This will NOT delete documents you have in Documents or other folders. It will only remove documents stored on your Mac under iCloud Drive.

Which button should I press out of keep a copy, cancel or Remove from Mac? The dialogue box say's ' if you turn off iCloud, all documents stored in iCloud will be removed from this Mac. I don't want them to be.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.