Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Shutdown on Iphone 8 Plus

Hi Team,

Since last couple of days, I am facing an issue on my Iphone 8 Plus (64GB version) that it automatically shuts down in the middle of an activity, or when it is lying idle.

This is causing lots of trouble to me since the phone does not restart automatically in such cases, and the user tends to know about this shut down only when he looks at his/her phone.

My phone is currently running on IOS 11.1.1 version and I have even cleared the cache memory on the phone but still this issue is prevalent.

Could you guys please help me on this?

Thanks,
Ishmeet

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 4:01 AM

2 replies

Dec 22, 2017 9:10 AM in response to ishmeet88

me and my friends have the same issue after the last update..!!!

we went to apple authorized service provider in my country and they said it's software issue from the version 11.1.1.

all what you have to do is when your iphone start working, plug it in to ITunes and restore it.

keep your Iphone on the same version DON'T EVER NEVER UPDATE IT TO 11.1.1. OR TO 11.2.1.

wait till the next version show up and then go ahead and update it.

hope you find that helpful.

another advice KEEP AWAY FROM APPLE PRODUCTS IT'S *****, NO WARRANTY NO COMPENSATIONS FOR YOUR DATA LOSS....

Auto Shutdown on Iphone 8 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.