Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iphone cellular calls is missing

I replaced my old iPhone 6 with the new one 8 running ios 11.1.1

Face time works good both ways but to use my Mac Book Air running OS X-Yosemite 10.10.5 for cellular calls it fails. I tried all suggestions on the net and non of them worked out. When I receive a call on my iPhone it rings on the mac as well on the phone, but if i try to answer the call from the mac book it fails.

Also the option on the iPhone 8 in the menu of face time is missing" iPhone Cellular Call."

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 8:09 PM in response to Saad-hakim In response to Saad-hakim

Hello Saad-hakim,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Cellular Calls on your Mac. I have some steps to help.

I recommend going through all the steps in here, and disabling and signing out of everything described, first on the iPhone, then the Mac: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Once you have disabled and signed out of everything, restart your devices. For the iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

For the Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off

Once your devices restart, go ahead and re-set everything up as described in this same help article: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Thanks and let us know if you still need help.

Nov 14, 2017 8:09 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 2:27 AM in response to Saad-hakim In response to Saad-hakim

Thank you for ur reply but it didnt work knowing my both devices the Mac Book air & the iPhone are on the same wifi and the same iCloud account. They are both running the latest ios.

Any other suggestion.

Thank you.

Saad

Nov 15, 2017 2:27 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Saad-hakim

Question: iphone cellular calls is missing