Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone cellular calls is missing

I replaced my old iPhone 6 with the new one 8 running ios 11.1.1

Face time works good both ways but to use my Mac Book Air running OS X-Yosemite 10.10.5 for cellular calls it fails. I tried all suggestions on the net and non of them worked out. When I receive a call on my iPhone it rings on the mac as well on the phone, but if i try to answer the call from the mac book it fails.

Also the option on the iPhone 8 in the menu of face time is missing" iPhone Cellular Call."

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 5:38 AM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2017 8:09 PM in response to Saad-hakim

Hello Saad-hakim,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Cellular Calls on your Mac. I have some steps to help.

I recommend going through all the steps in here, and disabling and signing out of everything described, first on the iPhone, then the Mac: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Once you have disabled and signed out of everything, restart your devices. For the iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

For the Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off

Once your devices restart, go ahead and re-set everything up as described in this same help article: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Thanks and let us know if you still need help.

iphone cellular calls is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.