Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sharing doesn't list Mail

when my wife selects a photo in Photos 1.5 ( OSX 10.11.6--Mail 9.3) and then selects "Share" icon only sharing albums, etc comes up--it used to show "Mail" and she selected that and a new message came up with photo already in body--

Now "Mail" does not show--have closed app and relaunched--restarted entire system--any ideas would be appreciated--

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2017 10:18 AM

Hey there, triplehjr.

I see that your wife isn't getting an option for Mail when trying to share a photo from the Photos application on her MacBook Pro. I'm happy to help.

If Share options or Markup is missing after upgrading to OS X Yosemite or El Capitan - Apple Support - This article provides troubleshooting steps that can help get the missing items back in the Share menu.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2017 10:18 AM in response to triplehjr

Hey there, triplehjr.

I see that your wife isn't getting an option for Mail when trying to share a photo from the Photos application on her MacBook Pro. I'm happy to help.

If Share options or Markup is missing after upgrading to OS X Yosemite or El Capitan - Apple Support - This article provides troubleshooting steps that can help get the missing items back in the Share menu.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

sharing doesn't list Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.