Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone tried the wireless charger in the 2018 Chevy Equinox with iPhone X?

Has anyone tried the wireless charger in the 2018 Chevy Equinox with the iPhone X? The 2018 Equinox is not shown on the Apple list of compatible cars. It should be the same as the wireless charger in the GMC Terrain, which is shown on the Apple list.

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 5:18 AM

8 replies

Nov 15, 2017 6:34 PM in response to smcpartlin

smcpartlin wrote:

It did not work.

it should work in my opinion but it does not.

i am willing to join a class action suit over this issue.

To do what. From the support document listed at the top of this thread:

The implementations of wireless charging in 2017 and earlier models from Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC do not meet the requirements for Qi certification. These models do not work with iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus.

*Some automotive wireless chargers have physical size constraints and might not fit every phone. If you're planning on buying a car with a wireless charger, make sure that your iPhone will fit in the charger first.

So, not all will work. Just because you have an opinion that it should, if it doesn't it isn't Apple's fault. Last time I checked, they do not manufactur these vehicles, nor do they tell the manufacturer how to do it.

Nov 15, 2017 9:21 PM in response to Gary Westfall

If I remember correctly from another thread I read after the release, the pad for the vehicle was not in the right location. Now I understand GM vehicles, and how Chevy and GMC vehicles can be the same, but given the fact that the Equinox is not listed tells me there has to be something different. What does your Chevrolet dealer have to say about it? Since it was obvious that you had already read the support document, I responded to the other poster, not to you. I only copied the additional comment in the footnotes, not the list itself.

Nov 16, 2017 8:38 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I was sold a 2018 equinox and 2018 Cruze with a reasonable expectation that the QI charging pad would charge QI devices that include the Apple IPhone.

As it stands I feel Chevy is at fault for not adhering to the QI standard. With selling me a defective option I expect a recall to fix the issue on the 2018 models.

I feel there are grounds for a class action lawsuit against Chevy for installing a QI charger pad that does not work with QI devices like the iPhone X.

Nov 21, 2017 5:11 AM in response to Gary Westfall

I just looked at the owner's manual for the 2018 GMC Terrain. The wireless charger is different from the wireless charged in the 2018 Chevy Equinox. The wireless charger in the 2018 Terrain is a slot in front of the storage console while the wireless charger for the 2018 Chevy Equinox is a flat area under the infotainment system. So my contention that the 2018 Equinox should work because the 2018 Terrain works is not correct.

Has anyone tried the wireless charger in the 2018 Chevy Equinox with iPhone X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.