Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open my iCloud Drive I can see two folders in the tree view, why is this?

When I open my iCloudDrive from its icon in the taskbar it opens the folder in my users directory. Looking at the side where you can see the listed tree view of all folders I can see there is one for "iCloud Drive" and another for "iCloudDrive".

They both appear to go to the same place as they have the same content, and same folder icon. If I go to my user folder it is just the first one with the space the shows. In fact accessing the folder from somewhere else, such via My Computer, shows the one with the space in the folder tree on its own.

So the questions are, why does it show two folders with slightly different names when I use the icloud taskbar icon and how do I fix it/stop it from happening.

I realise this is really only a minor annoyance, but I've already had another annoyance and inconvenience of not being not being able to choose an install location and having it install automatically to my OSes SDD instead of my secondary HDD, (although I have searched and found I can do some extra, out of my way steps to sort this -thanks Apple!).

Thanks,

Mike

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 5:07 AM

There are no replies.

When I open my iCloud Drive I can see two folders in the tree view, why is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.