Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick start confusion set up as new device

When using quick start for ios 11, choosing set up as new device seems redundant? It still transfers the apps from previous devices anyway. What was the point of that option?

I know if you want to set up as a new device you wouldn't bother about using this new system in the first place but why did apple give the option to set up as new device after we already signed in with apple id? It won't prevent our data from coming in so it does not meet the definition of setting up as a new device as in previous methods of setting up. Apple, maybe correct this "grammatically incorrect option" or get rid of it? Otherwise can someone explain what's the purpose of this option?

The reason why I'm asking this question is that I'm trying to understand how is this option so much quicker than the old method and now this option doesn't sit well with my current understanding of how things work.

Thanks in advance

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 5:23 AM

There are no replies.

Quick start confusion set up as new device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.