Related Article

What does iCloud back up?

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: If I back up in icloud will this effect when I want to sync with itune ?

Hi, I want to turn on icloud back up on my iphone 8 verson 11.0.2 However, there’s a reminder that if I turn on back up, My iphone will not be able to back up or sync automatically with itunes. What does this mean?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 9:59 AM in response to Janista In response to Janista

I'm not sure what that means as I've never encountered that message before. You could do the following though -- Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support. Or perhaps -- If your iTunes backup couldn't be completed or you can't restore from a backup - Apple Support.

Nov 14, 2017 9:59 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 12:44 PM in response to Eric Root In response to Eric Root

Eric Root wrote:

If you attach the phone to a computer and access it using iTunes, you should notice a choice to backup to iCloud or iTunes. If iCloud is selected, you can't backup to iTunes.

Is this something new with iOS 11 or iTunes 12.7? Or am I reading this out of context? I have been backing up to both for years.

Nov 15, 2017 12:44 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Janista

Question: If I back up in icloud will this effect when I want to sync with itune ?