Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X won't back up to iCloud

My iPhone X is having trouble backing up to the iCloud.

I have it set to do it automatically while it's locked and on charge with a connection to wi-fi and that doesn't work. I try to do it manually and it gets about half way and stops. I've waited and I mean like 8 hours I've waited and it just sits there. So no problem I think I'll just use iTunes, hahahaha, yeah, that doesn't work either. I can back it up to my PC with iTunes but no iCloud.

I have signed in and out of iCloud, I have deleted my old backup from iCloud, I have done a hard re-set on the phone and I have re-set my network settings. I am at a total loss now at what to do, nothing seems to help.

Also when I do a backup to iCloud via iTunes it says it's backing up and the progress bar runs to the end and finishes but then it says towards the bottom of the page "your iPhone has never been backed up to iCloud".

I am running ios11.1.1. Just want to add too that my iPhone 7 worked fine with my internet and PC.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 5:55 AM

7 replies

iPhone X won't back up to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.