Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Message

I sent an audio text message to someone, and immediately after I sent it, I clicked play to listen to it, and then clicked out of my phone. When I came back to the message chain about 5 minutes later, the audio message had disappeared. Does this mean that the recipient read and deleted it? Or did I somehow delete it?

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 6:17 AM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 5:52 AM in response to elizabeth.fox9

Greetings, elizabeth.fox9!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I see from your post that you have a question about an audio message that you created, and what happened to it. Audio messages are a great feature, and fun to send to your friends & family. I'm happy to help!

I'm thinking your message probably deleted itself after a couple minutes due to settings on your iPhone. The following resource has more info on that, and how to change it if you want to:

User uploaded file

Send audio messages

1. In a message conversation, touch and hold User uploaded file to record an audio message.
  2. To preview your message, tap User uploaded file. To cancel, tap User uploaded file. To send, tap User uploaded file.

To play an audio message, tap the message. To save an audio message, tap Keep underneath the message.

The Messages app deletes audio messages after 2 minutes. To keep your audio messages longer, go to Settings > Messages. Scroll down and tap Expire under Audio Messages, then select After 2 Minutes or Never.

Send photo, video, or audio messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day!

Audio Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.