Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone 7 Product RED (Can't recover photos)

Hello,

I have a problem, my younger sister had an iPhone 7 Product RED as you can see in the title. It was stolen in August in shoe shop called Deichmann. Some b**** woman stoled it (sorry but how else can I call a person who just stoles phone to a child (please don't say that kids shouldn't have iPhone or such things, but she is very responsible and this could happen to anyone). We actually couldn't track it trough Find My iPhone app, because the woman she turned the phone off, and didn't turn it on (my sister have 4G data also so we could track the mobile if it was on). Now my sister ended up with a new red iPhone, but here is the problem, we wanted to recover her backup from iCloud, which she had turned on on the first phone, but when we did it we couldn't find the photos there (she had over 8000 photos....and it was alot of memories). I just want to ask if some of you would know, why she hasn't got the photos on her new mobile? The backup was same as it was: settings, apps, ringtone, wallpapers, songs, accounts, everything, but photos not. Could someone help us? Do you think that we can get the photos back?

I appreciate any help

Thanks

Marko

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 7:16 AM

6 replies

Nov 14, 2017 8:30 AM in response to HarleyQuinnLove

Did she have iCloud Photo Library turned on before the phone was stolen? If so, the photos aren't part of an iCloud backup but are stored in the photos app at www.icloud.com instead. You can use a computer and log into that site to see if they are there. If so, she can sync them to here new phone by turning on Settings > [username] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Nov 14, 2017 5:50 PM in response to HarleyQuinnLove

Perhaps when she made the backup the option to include photos was turned off on the stolen iPhone. You/she could do this (especially if you/she were running low on iCloud backup storage) by going to:

Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage (under ICLOUD)

then tap on the device name under BACKUPS and see what is listed under CHOOSE DATA TO BACK UP. (These settings may be different on your new and stolen phones.) I think the option was selected not to include Photo Library. That is the only explanation I have.

Stolen iPhone 7 Product RED (Can't recover photos)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.