Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery Key?

Where can I find this. It isn't in the security section of my account when I click Edit.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 7:52 AM

You were supposed to make a copy of it when you set up 2 Step Verification. From the article below.

Where should I keep my Recovery Key?

Keep your Recovery Key in a secure place in your home, office, or other location. Consider printing more than one copy, so that you can keep your key in more than one place. Your key is easier to find if you ever need it, and you have a spare copy if one is ever lost or destroyed. You shouldn't store your Recovery Key on your device or computer, because that could give an unauthorized user instant access to your key.

If you ever need a new Recovery Key, you can create one from your Apple ID account page. Just sign in with your password and trusted device, go to the Security section and click Edit, then click Replace Lost Key.

After you create a new key, your old Recovery Key won't work.

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 7:52 AM in response to dylanyd

You were supposed to make a copy of it when you set up 2 Step Verification. From the article below.

Where should I keep my Recovery Key?

Keep your Recovery Key in a secure place in your home, office, or other location. Consider printing more than one copy, so that you can keep your key in more than one place. Your key is easier to find if you ever need it, and you have a spare copy if one is ever lost or destroyed. You shouldn't store your Recovery Key on your device or computer, because that could give an unauthorized user instant access to your key.

If you ever need a new Recovery Key, you can create one from your Apple ID account page. Just sign in with your password and trusted device, go to the Security section and click Edit, then click Replace Lost Key.

After you create a new key, your old Recovery Key won't work.

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

Recovery Key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.