Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music files not showing

I am running an iMac Late 2015 with High Sierra.

My iTunes library cannot find most of my music. I looked in the iTunes Library and it is not there. I tried linking to a previous library and it is not there. I opened Finder and typed in a name for a missing song. When looking at the info, the song shows that it is in iTunes media->Music->"Band Name"->"Album Name. I can play the song from the Preview in the info folder. However, when I go to finder and follow the path to iTunes media->Music the band is not there and most of the others are not there as well. I have looked for hidden files and while I can see hidden files, the music is not there either. Any help is appreciated.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 7:49 AM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 6:24 AM in response to termite

Hello termite,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like iTunes is not able to find the music file in the iTunes Library. It looks like you have already looked where they should be. Since the music is not in the expected location, you may be able to successfully search for it. I would recommend you read this article and use it to help troubleshoot the issue.

To open Spotlight, click the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of the menu bar, or press Command-Space from any app.​

Mac Basics: Spotlight helps you find what you're looking for

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Music files not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.