Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My watch is paired to a broken phone

Apple Watch paired to a broken iPhone. Can I pair it with my new phone somehow?

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Hi

As your old iPhone cannot be used, follow the instructions here (under "Erase your Apple Watch") to erase your Apple Watch manually:

Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support

Then pair it to your new iPhone by following the instructions here, being sure to first update that iPhone to the latest version of iOS and choosing to Restore from Backup if offered the option for your Apple Watch during setup:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

More information:

Switch your Apple Watch to a new iPhone - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Nov 17, 2017 9:32 PM in response to Woodnerd In response to Woodnerd

Hi

As your old iPhone cannot be used, follow the instructions here (under "Erase your Apple Watch") to erase your Apple Watch manually:

Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support

Then pair it to your new iPhone by following the instructions here, being sure to first update that iPhone to the latest version of iOS and choosing to Restore from Backup if offered the option for your Apple Watch during setup:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

More information:

Switch your Apple Watch to a new iPhone - Apple Support

Nov 17, 2017 9:32 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 17, 2017 9:33 PM in response to Jonathan UK In response to Jonathan UK

Thank you! I had seen that option but didn’t think it would unpair for some reason. It was a lot of work getting it to pair back up with my new phone. It kept kicking me out when after I paired it. But it finally worked. Thank you again

Nov 17, 2017 9:33 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Woodnerd

Question: My watch is paired to a broken phone