Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone battery drain

Im only getting about 4 hours of use on a charge with low power mode on screen brightness tired done with Reduce motion on cellular data turned off when on wifi still only last about 4 fours screen is not on the whole time cloud it ibe ios11.1.1?

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 7:42 AM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2017 8:54 AM in response to Jshipp7000

There are several apps that cause severe battery drain even when they are not active. Facebook is one of them. Make sure you have the latest version installed. YouTube just announced that they are working on a fix for their app that has been verified as causing severe battery drain. Bottom line, amek sure your software is up to date. You can also go to Settings->Battery->Battery Usage to see if a particular app is sucking up battery power. Try force quitting the apps mentioned above and see if things improve.

Nov 14, 2017 8:57 AM in response to Jshipp7000

It’s also entirely possible that your iPhone 6 needs a new battery. I myself have an iPhone 6 and had the battery replaced just a couple of months ago because I was experiencing your symptoms. I would advise you to take it to an Apple Store if possible and let them run a diagnostic to see if the battery is weak and needs to be replaced. The charge at my local Apple Store was $79 + tax.

Iphone battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.