Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 UI text Overlap bug in Notes, Reminders, lock screen notifications

Happens randomly. And when I rearrange order of Reminders manually.

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2017 7:29 PM

I have not found a solution yet. I am in communication with Apple support through their Twitter channel.

I’ve tried turning off all notifications, restarting, and then turning the notifications back on. This appeared to work for a day. And then the bug seemed to return.

10 replies

Dec 22, 2017 6:28 AM in response to jumptronic

Good morning,

Did anything ever come of your contact with Apple Support? I also contacted them last night through Twitter, and a "senior advisor" called me. I told her I had backed up my phone to icloud, erased all data, and then set it up again using a fresh icloud back up, and yet the notification text overflow problem is persisting. She now wants to call me back this evening and have me do a full back up/restore using itunes. (which by the way, I haven't used itunes on a desktop computer in at least 5 years.) I appreciate that they are at least working with me, but I can't help but feel it's all going to be for nothing. Especially since it happens sporadically once a day so anything we try, we won't know if it worked until it happens again. :-( She also said "if this doesn't work, we may need to set up an appointment for you to go into an apple store."....not sure what the store could do other than replace the phone which I think would be pointless since this doesn't appear to be a hardware issue.

Dec 22, 2017 6:33 AM in response to SLAYERinOKC

I missed their previous attempt to contact me. And I have not yet rescheduled a call.

Thanks for the info. Your story is what I'm afraid will happen to me. It's just not a series of troubleshooting tactics that I'm willing to do at this time (holidays/kids...).

The issue happens to nearly every top or bottom notification on my lock screen. It's annoying. But, until after the holidays are over, I'm going to live with it.

I will post again once I get back in to contact with Apple. Thanks for your update too!

Feb 8, 2018 3:14 PM in response to siddavis

In my experience, the errant notification is always a duplicate of another listed in the Earlier Today section, and it should actually be displaying a notifications from reminders. In fact, I can make the correct notification appear by simply scrolling down a bit through the past notifications and then scroll back to the top.

iOS 11 UI text Overlap bug in Notes, Reminders, lock screen notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.