Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone app onto iPad

Hi I have an app on my iPhone which I want to download to my iPad. However when I go to the app store and search for it. it cannot be found. I imagine that it was designed for the iPhone but is there a way to download to my iPad?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), 512GB flash storage; 8GB RAM

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 9:08 AM

Found it, try this link on your iPad:

Wiser Heat by Drayton on the App Store

8 replies

Nov 14, 2017 8:16 AM in response to Alex in devon

The App Store has information about whether it is compatible with an iPad. One way to access that is use the App Store on your phone, tap the circular user icon at top right, tap "Purchased", scroll down to the app and tap on it (not on "Open"), scroll down to the Information section and tap "Compatibility."

If it does not show that it is compatible with an iPad you will not be able to install it on one.

Nov 14, 2017 8:30 AM in response to Alex in devon

Assuming you are using the same Apple ID on the iPad as on the iPhone, you should be able to open the App Store, tap on your picture at the top left corner and then on purchased to see a list of all your previously downloaded Apps with the Apple ID.

You can tap on "Not on this iPad" to limit it to Apps that are not currently installed on the iPad. If it shows up there, it can be installed on the iPad and tapping on the cloud icon, should download and install it.

Note, that not all iPhone apps can be installed on an iPad, and as such may not appear in that list.

Nov 14, 2017 8:44 AM in response to Alex in devon

What App is it exactly?

How long ago was it bought for the iPhone?

Its possible it has been removed from the store, and as such it cannot be downloaded anymore to any device.

If you can find it in your Purchased list on the iPhone, you may be able to send the store link to the iPad for it.

If it appears in the purchased list in the App Store app on your iPhone, you can tap the (...) icon and then AirDrop the link to the iPad. The iPad should automatically open the App Store App and show the App.

iPhone app onto iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.