Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy playlists from iPod Touch (1st gen) to iTunes 12.7.1?

When I got a new Windows 10 laptop and transferred my music over from my previous one, iTunes lost my playlists. However they're still on my iPod Touch (1st generation - shush, it still works!). How can I copy the playlists (WITH the music files) from the iPod to iTunes though as it isn't being simply a case of dragging and dropping - that doesn't seem possible? I know there's exporting then importing playlists but they don't include the music files.

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 9:57 AM

If you already have all of the media files then you may find these two scripts useful:

• ImportDevicePlaylists - Imports regular playlists from an iPod or iOS device into the iTunes library. Can import from a selected playlist, or playlist folder, or all playlists on the device.
  • SyncStats - Copies highest play count, skip count, rating and most recent played & skipped date of selected tracks or playlist between iTunes and an iPod or iOS device.

Otherwise you may want to revisit the way you migrated the library.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2017 9:57 AM in response to Kat :-)

If you already have all of the media files then you may find these two scripts useful:

• ImportDevicePlaylists - Imports regular playlists from an iPod or iOS device into the iTunes library. Can import from a selected playlist, or playlist folder, or all playlists on the device.
  • SyncStats - Copies highest play count, skip count, rating and most recent played & skipped date of selected tracks or playlist between iTunes and an iPod or iOS device.

Otherwise you may want to revisit the way you migrated the library.

tt2

How to copy playlists from iPod Touch (1st gen) to iTunes 12.7.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.