Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calibrating photos for printing

I would like to prepare a photo book through iPhoto (a 'project')--my first. How do I calibrate the photographs so as to minimize the differences that exist between a photo displayed on screen and the same to be shown printed (e.g. photos do not appear darker or less sharp). I use Lightroom for post processing.

Also, what would be the best format to submit a photograph for printing? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 10:40 AM

The iPhoto book process is designed for folks who don't ask technical questions.

Books are processed into pdfs, so the file format doesn't strictly matter. For other prints use RGB and Jpeg.

See the 'Creating your Order' section here:

Apple Print Products - Shopping Help - Apple (IE)

For help previewing it:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201504

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 10:40 AM in response to norbertoarken

The iPhoto book process is designed for folks who don't ask technical questions.

Books are processed into pdfs, so the file format doesn't strictly matter. For other prints use RGB and Jpeg.

See the 'Creating your Order' section here:

Apple Print Products - Shopping Help - Apple (IE)

For help previewing it:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201504

Nov 16, 2017 9:23 AM in response to norbertoarken

The only thing I do, except for removing blemished from faces, straightening and the other usual photographer screwups, is to make sure the photo's color profile is sRGB and to lighten the image a little bit. I find that the pictures are a bit darker than I like when printed so I lighten them up a bit. It's primarily a personal preference thing. Also I have my monitor calibrated/set to the sRGB color profile.

User uploaded file

Calibrating photos for printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.