Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I can't edit saved photo's since IOS11

Hi all, in our company we use the photo app to edit pictures. Since IOS 11 we can't edit saved photo's.

This is what we normally do: We open the original picture on our website, then we select and save the picture in our library. Tab the photo app and select the saved picture, the edit function is gone (light grey). Is there any solution for this?

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 8:31 AM in response to Rechie85 In response to Rechie85

Check the Settings > iCloud, if the update to iOS 11 enabled iCloud Photo Library with the option "Optimize Storage" on. It is on by default on iOS 11. Optimized photos may be stored only in iCloud, and the edit functions will only be available, if the photo has been downloaded from iCloud back to the device

Nov 14, 2017 8:31 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 1:21 AM in response to Rechie85 In response to Rechie85

Hi Léonie, unfortunately that ain't helped. I also disabled the Photo's from iCloud storage and that wasn't helping to. The strange thing is, when I save the small picture (small example of original), I can edit that picture, but I can't edit the original. Is it possible there's a bug in the system, because it works in IOS 10.

Nov 15, 2017 1:21 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 1:24 AM in response to Rechie85 In response to Rechie85

Then I have no idea, sorry.

I'm only having this problem with photos that have been synced to the iPhone with iTunes or with photos in shared albums. I first have to save them to the camera roll, before I can edit them.

Nov 15, 2017 1:24 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 1:35 AM in response to Rechie85 In response to Rechie85

Original picture saved in Photo's, Edit is not possible

User uploaded file

Small example of the original picture saved in Photo's, Edit is possible
User uploaded file

Nov 15, 2017 1:35 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Rechie85

Question: I can't edit saved photo's since IOS11