Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my ipad. Can i find out last location used?

It's been a week since I've seen it. I think I left it in So. Cal. Can I find out the last location it was connected to WIFI if it is offline?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 9:03 AM

Yes, it probably means that someone was trying to use it. The device may be offline because whoever has it may have restored it. When they do this, it erases everything you had on it, but at the same time will keep them from being able to get into it without your ID information which may be why your account is locked out. If this has been done, you’re probably not going to be able to locate it anymore because you’re not ”logged in” anymore so it’s not reporting the location. However, the person that has it, now has a very expensive paper weight as it is not going to let them do anything with it and is useless.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 9:03 AM in response to jbulldog2

Yes, it probably means that someone was trying to use it. The device may be offline because whoever has it may have restored it. When they do this, it erases everything you had on it, but at the same time will keep them from being able to get into it without your ID information which may be why your account is locked out. If this has been done, you’re probably not going to be able to locate it anymore because you’re not ”logged in” anymore so it’s not reporting the location. However, the person that has it, now has a very expensive paper weight as it is not going to let them do anything with it and is useless.

Lost my ipad. Can i find out last location used?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.