Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone X come with sim slot tool?

I guess I have been under a rock because yesterday was the first I had heard of a sim slot tool being included in some phones. Since I ordered mine from Apple, can I expect my X to have one in the box?? Thx1

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 7:55 AM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2017 8:26 AM in response to LSUFANMAN

Possibly.

In the past unlocked sim free iPhones have come with the tool, but iPhones tied to a carrier and that have a preinstalled sim card from that carrier generally do not have the sim tool.

A Paperclip works just as well though and is the method Apple now uses in their support document:

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

A sim tool looks generally like this:

User uploaded file

IPhone X come with sim slot tool?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.