Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Most efficient hard drive workflow for FCPX?

Current workflow:

- Maxed out Mac Mini (late 2012) w/ Fusion Drive
- FCPX app running off of the Fusion Drive
- WD MyBook 4TB HDD (5400 RPM) external hard drive where my raw data and FCPX libraries sit (I have 1 TB left on this drive as I shoot in 4K - getting a MacBook Pro in a year)
- WD MyBook 4TB HDD (5400 RPM) external hard drive that CarbonCopyClones my Mac Mini HD and my other WD MyBook HDD as a means of backing up (100 GB left on this drive)

This current workflow is not ideal. It's slow and editing / rendering is taking me way longer than it should.

Without replacing the Mac Mini (which I'll be doing in a year) what is the most ideal way to speed up this workflow and create a long-term (higher capacity) backup system.

Mac mini (Late 2012)

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 8:37 AM

2 replies

Most efficient hard drive workflow for FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.