Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split Screen Keyboard?!?

why am i forced to use my keyboard in split screen mode?

Someof the keys don’t work... the question mark or exclamation mark with that ‘swipe down’ foolishness that they created on the ios 11 update... and the position on the screen is useless...

in 96 when Microsoft cameout with their ‘ergo keyboard’ ... it more or less failed.. it sold because it ‘looked neat’ ... not because it was useful...

My point is, this keyboard layout is useless... and I want the option to keep the standard layout, not be force fed this BS.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 11, null

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 4:52 PM

Press and hold on the keyboard icon in the bottom right corner of the keyboard, it will pop up a menu that will allow you to “Dock and Merge” which should return your keyboard to its original state. You can also turn off the ”foolish” swipe down on the keyboard as well in your settings which will return the keyboard to the way it was before the update.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 4:52 PM in response to Leo Phoenix71

Press and hold on the keyboard icon in the bottom right corner of the keyboard, it will pop up a menu that will allow you to “Dock and Merge” which should return your keyboard to its original state. You can also turn off the ”foolish” swipe down on the keyboard as well in your settings which will return the keyboard to the way it was before the update.

Split Screen Keyboard?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.