Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgraded mac to high sierra. cannot open ACE Money anymore. Any suggestions

I upgraded my MAC to High Sierra today and now cannot open my Ace Money for Mac. Any suggestions please?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 9:05 AM

8 replies

Nov 25, 2017 3:11 PM in response to johnnyLondon

here's the deal. Ace Money is not a native Mac program. It is a Windows program that uses Wineskin to port to Mac OS X. The problem is that Wineskin does not yet support High Sierra. I submitted a help desk ticket to Ace Money and here is what they said to do (it worked for me).

1) In Finder, go to Applications, control-click on AceMoney, and then click "Show Package Contents".

2) Double-click on Wineskin, and press Set Screen Options.

3) Uncheck all the options and press Done.

4) Quit Wineskin

5) Try to run AceMoney the usual way.

Nov 25, 2017 3:13 PM in response to johnnyLondon

here's the deal. Ace Money is not a native Mac program. It is a Windows program that uses Wineskin to port to Mac OS X. The problem is that Wineskin does not yet support High Sierra. I submitted a help desk ticket to Ace Money and here is what they said to do (it worked for me).

1) In Finder, go to Applications, control-click on AceMoney, and then click "Show Package Contents".

2) Double-click on Wineskin, and press Set Screen Options.

3) Uncheck all the options and press Done.

4) Quit Wineskin

5) Try to run AceMoney the usual way.

Dec 2, 2017 8:16 AM in response to wkelly5688

I have the same problem. The Wineskin website states it is not compatible with IOS High Sierra. I have had a ticket in with Ace Money who is no longer responding since they don't have a fix because they use Wineskin. The only option I can see is reverting back to IOS El Capitan. I have Time Machine backups but Apple Support states that if any ancillary programs updated since High Sierra, they won't work on El Capitan.

Basically, there is no solution at this point. With the calendar year end coming up, we are in a bad spot. Ace Money keeps crashing and is unusable.

Apple Support: I have read the downgrade instructions to El Capitan - wiping the MAC and reinstalling. Is this fairly easy to do for non-computer science folks like myself? I am fairly savvy with PCs and can follow instructions however I can't afford to risk 11 months of financial transactions on 4 businesses because of High Sierra incompatibility.

Please advise accordingly for all of us Ace Money folks (I know this isn't an Apply program, but Apple doesn't offer a non-windows base accounting software with full functionality in the finance world).

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

upgraded mac to high sierra. cannot open ACE Money anymore. Any suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.