Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I separate phones on an iCloud?

I have 2 phones linked to same iCloud and need them separated, how do I do this and create a new iCloud on the other phone?

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 9:10 AM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 8:36 AM in response to alcongemi

Hello alcongemi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you'd like to separate two iPhones that are using the same Apple ID. I'm happy to help.

First, use the steps in the link below to create a new Apple ID:
Create and start using an Apple ID

Once the new Apple ID has been created, use the steps in the following link to sign into Apple services with the new Apple ID:
What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password

Also, you might want to consider using Family Sharing. This is a great way for up to six family member to share iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases, an Apple Music family plan, and iCloud storage plans. Take a look at the information in the link below:
iCloud - Family Sharing

Have a great day!

How do I separate phones on an iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.