Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Keep iTunes Playing When Switching Between Accounts?

My wife and I each have an account on our Mac Mini. Is it possible to play iTunes on my account, while my wife works on hers? We just switch accounts -- don't log off mine. But when she switches, the computer turns off my iTunes. Maybe there's a setting?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 10:52 PM in response to Moosbrugger In response to Moosbrugger

It used to work, a long time ago. Then later, Airplay would continue even though System audio wouldn't : but I gather that neither do now. Certainly not iTunes.

It's not that the original account is inactive, since as you say : We just switch accounts -- don't log off mine

That's Fast User Switching

...Processes in a switched-out login session continue running as before. They can continue processing data, communicating with the system, and drawing to the screen buffer as before...

Nov 14, 2017 10:52 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Moosbrugger

Question: Keep iTunes Playing When Switching Between Accounts?