Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: is iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) compatible with macos high Sierra

Is iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) 3,5 GHz intel core i5, 32 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, compatible with macos high Sierra.

Can't I find an official answer?

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

knrm wrote:

... but this Imac have a 1 tb fusiondrive, and some write, that this drive simply does not work with High Sierra. Is it really so?

It is not really so.

I have a similar model computer, and High Sierra installed. "macOS High Sierra introduces APFS (Apple File System) to Mac computers. APFS replaces Mac OS Extended (HFS+) as the default file system for solid-state drives (SSDs) and other all-flash storage devices."

APFS will not be installed on your Fusion Drive.

User uploaded file

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 10:36 AM in response to knrm In response to knrm

knrm wrote:

Is iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) 3,5 GHz intel core i5, 32 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, compatible with macos high Sierra.

Can't I find an official answer?

Yes, How to download macOS High Sierra - Apple Support lists compatible hardware.

You should also consider using RoaringApps to help you determine software compatibility.

Upgrading macOS without fear by John Galt is also a good source of information.

User uploaded file

Nov 14, 2017 10:36 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Nov 15, 2017 6:46 AM in response to knrm In response to knrm

knrm wrote:

... but this Imac have a 1 tb fusiondrive, and some write, that this drive simply does not work with High Sierra. Is it really so?

It is not really so.

I have a similar model computer, and High Sierra installed. "macOS High Sierra introduces APFS (Apple File System) to Mac computers. APFS replaces Mac OS Extended (HFS+) as the default file system for solid-state drives (SSDs) and other all-flash storage devices."

APFS will not be installed on your Fusion Drive.

User uploaded file

Nov 15, 2017 6:46 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 6:56 AM in response to knrm In response to knrm

knrm wrote:

Thank you so much. I have searched your suggestions but found no answer.

I am not a technician, but this Imac have a 1 tb fusiondrive, and some write, that this drive simply does not work with High Sierra. Is it really so?

FWIW, I have High Sierra installed on two iMacs with Fusion drives and it works just fine.

Nov 15, 2017 6:56 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: knrm

Question: is iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) compatible with macos high Sierra