Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Photo counts do not match

I recently imported lots of photos I had in folders into the Photos app with iCloud syncing turned on. The count of photos / videos on my MacBook do not match what my iPhone / iPad say. The MacBook says the syncing is complete. Here are the numbers:

MacBook - 5193 photos and 162 videos

iPhone / iPad - 9109 photos and 330 videos

I have tried to rebuild my photo library on the MacBook but that didn't update the record counts. Any ideas on how to get all my devices in sync?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Looks like the problem is fixed. I switched to the "Moments" view and the number in Photos matched the iPhone / iPad. I switched back to the "Photos" view and the count updated and is correct.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 10:36 AM in response to djs71a In response to djs71a

I have tried to rebuild my photo library on the MacBook but that didn't update the record counts.

That will not update anything - but it will trigger a new total upload and until the upload is finished then there is no expectation that anything will match

Rebuilding (or turning iCloud off and back on) is not something to ever do except as a total last resort - often it causes more problems and does not solve anything and always delays any solution

LN

Nov 14, 2017 10:36 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 10:57 AM in response to djs71a In response to djs71a

I checked iCloud.com and the number of photos / videos matches my iPhone / iPad. So looks like only the Photos app on the MacBook is out of sync.

Nov 14, 2017 10:57 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 3:11 PM in response to djs71a In response to djs71a

What if I delete the photo library file in my Pictures directory and create a new one on the mac? Wouldn't that rebuild it and download pictures (all of them) from iCloud?

Nov 14, 2017 3:11 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Nov 15, 2017 4:59 AM in response to djs71a In response to djs71a

Looks like the problem is fixed. I switched to the "Moments" view and the number in Photos matched the iPhone / iPad. I switched back to the "Photos" view and the count updated and is correct.

Nov 15, 2017 4:59 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: djs71a

Question: Photo counts do not match