Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo counts do not match

I recently imported lots of photos I had in folders into the Photos app with iCloud syncing turned on. The count of photos / videos on my MacBook do not match what my iPhone / iPad say. The MacBook says the syncing is complete. Here are the numbers:

MacBook - 5193 photos and 162 videos

iPhone / iPad - 9109 photos and 330 videos

I have tried to rebuild my photo library on the MacBook but that didn't update the record counts. Any ideas on how to get all my devices in sync?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 10:36 AM

I have tried to rebuild my photo library on the MacBook but that didn't update the record counts.

That will not update anything - but it will trigger a new total upload and until the upload is finished then there is no expectation that anything will match

Rebuilding (or turning iCloud off and back on) is not something to ever do except as a total last resort - often it causes more problems and does not solve anything and always delays any solution

LN

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 10:36 AM in response to djs71a

I have tried to rebuild my photo library on the MacBook but that didn't update the record counts.

That will not update anything - but it will trigger a new total upload and until the upload is finished then there is no expectation that anything will match

Rebuilding (or turning iCloud off and back on) is not something to ever do except as a total last resort - often it causes more problems and does not solve anything and always delays any solution

LN

Photo counts do not match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.