Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email attachments not showing up after High Sierra

Since upgrading to High Sierra on my Mac Mini over the weekend, I cannot see any attachments in emails sent to me. There are at least 2 emails with not attachments, that should have them. Any idea how to fix this?

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 10:31 AM

2 replies

Nov 15, 2017 2:33 PM in response to schoodle

Hello schoodle,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are not able to see attachments in Mail on your Mac mini. I would recommend you read this article, it explains the different ways to view attachments.

Do any of the following:

• Open an attachment displayed as an icon: Double-click or force click the icon. The attachment opens in another app, such as Preview or TextEdit.

• Preview attachments (without opening them): Select the attachment, then press the Space bar. Or move the pointer over the message header, click the Attach button User uploaded file, then choose Quick Look. To preview attachments as a full-screen slideshow, press and hold the Option key when you choose a Quick Look command. You can also force click an attachment to preview it.

• Display an attachment as an icon: Control-click an attachment that’s shown in the message (such as a one page PDF document), then choose View as Icon from the shortcut menu. To show the attachment again, Control-click it, then choose View in Place.

Mail automatically downloads attachments you receive based on the option you set in Account Information preferences in Mail.

View, save, or delete email attachments

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Nov 15, 2017 7:25 PM in response to brenden dv

Thanks for the advice dv, but you don't understand the issue. I'm well aware of how to view and download email attachments. Been sending and receiving them for many, many years. There were noattachments in the emails at all. So, no attachment icons either. However, it turned out the senders forgot to include them 😁. So, it wasn't an Apple Mail issue after all. It was user error on the senders' side.

Email attachments not showing up after High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.