Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

*** iPhone 10 problems!

Hi

I ordered my iPhone 10 from Apple online on the 4th November with a delivery time of 3 to 4 weeks and the status is still being shown as "order in progress" but, our the last 12 hours, I've been reading about the problems that the iPhone 10 already has and, is being sold with!

The apparent problems consist of:

* Unresponsive screen - due to raid temperature change

* Face ID 'hacked' - due to 'reduced accuracy 'spec' for face ID

* Speaker buzzing issues - distortion/buzzing sounds with speaker phone at high volumes - some report, even at 50% volume

* Green line at the side of display - either side of display

* 'Burn in' issue - due to OLED display

These problems were published by well know websites!

Now, after spending out £999.00 for the latest iPhone, the last thing I want is an iPhone that has been released with some, or all of these problems!

So, before I cancel my order, can any community members comment on these problems and, the likelihood that my iPhone 10 will have some, or all of these problems

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 9:57 AM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2017 10:10 AM in response to Brave01Heart

Honestly, if you are looking for forum members to assure you, one way or the other, that your new iPhone X will NOT come with any issues, you may be better off wishing for a unicorn ... there's no way anyone can tell you what to expect. However, like any forum or article, most folks that write in, do so, because they have an issue with the new device.

Apple does provide a return policy, but if you're really concerned about, just cancel your order and wait a bit until a few months have passed to see what other users experience. Then decide to go for one ... or not.

Nov 14, 2017 11:22 AM in response to Tesserax

Hi Tesserax

Yes, sorry about that! I was just caught up in the moment and, to ask what the likelihood of a new iPhone 10 coming with any of these issues, was just what I was thinking at the time!

Most of the issues I listed have actually been seen on the iPhone 10, by testers on such websites as Macworld UK, ZDNet and Digital Trends, who check out new devices so, for me to ask that, was really a bit silly!

I definitely want to buy an iPhone 10 and, I'm aware of Apples return policy but, I just don't want to start off with one that already has issues and then have to go to my local store to return it!

My iPhone 10 is due for delivery between 28th November and 3rd December so hopefully, by that time, I would imagine that, apart from the "burn in" issue which Apple say they can reduce the effect of it but, not completely remove it, all other issues will probably have been resolved by software updates!

Yes I am concerned and, I would defy any buyer of the iPhone 10 to say that they would not be concerned by all of the issues I've highlighted above!

Nov 14, 2017 11:43 AM in response to Brave01Heart

If your concerned over possible problems buying something new maybe the first generation is not for you. Things fail and break and apple is pretty good at fixing problems. For all you know your phone will be perfect and you might drop it just right shattering the screen. Spending 1k on things is scary but you either want it or you dont. Buying tech is like having a kid.....most of the time it goes the way you want.....sometimes it doesn't you dont know until you hold it in your hand

Nov 14, 2017 11:47 AM in response to Brave01Heart

Nothing to be sorry about. I totally understand your concerns, especially with these devices at the price levels that they are being introduced at. I too would hold Apple, or any manufacturer, to higher standards with their "premier" products.

So far, (knock on wood), I have yet to get an Apple product that has failed to work for me (at least for the duration of their useful lives) and I have been with them since the Apple II.

*** iPhone 10 problems!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.