Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove phone number for Apple ID

Porting a new number to my iPhone. How do I remove my old phone number but keep my Apple ID

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 10:17 AM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 9:04 AM in response to Walterwhitelife

Hello Walterwhitelife,

If I am understanding your post correctly, you are changing your phone number and you would like to make sure that your new number is associated with your Apple ID. I know it is important to make sure you can be reached for messages using your new phone number. I'll be happy to share the following article, Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime , that has some information on this:

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number.

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Sign out of your Apple ID account. Then go to Settings > FaceTime and sign out of your Apple ID account.

Then once you have your new number ported over, you can set it up:

Set up your phone number

These steps work only with the phone number that belongs to your iPhone, not the phone number of a landline or other device. On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.

User uploaded file
3. In the “You can be reached” section, make sure that there are checkmarks beside your phone number and Apple ID.
4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and follow the same steps.

You can also add your new number to the Apple ID page, once you have signed out of the Apple ID on your device.

Apple ID Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Warm Regards.

How do I remove phone number for Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.