Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Authentic lead or not?

I believe the lead should have a 12 digit serial, it looks good otherwise, but out of curiosity I’m sure I count 13 digits, see attached picture

Also the box looked excellent until I saw double sided tape sealing the bottom of the box 🙄

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 10:15 AM in response to Dumdumspl In response to Dumdumspl

This article explains in detail how to identify counterfeit Lightning cables:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204566

Provided it‘s still up to date, the serial number should indeed have 12 digits, not 13. i recommend you take a closer look at the lightning connector itself - it seems to be relatively hard to build a cheap knockoff of this connector that looks and works just like the original... So do compare its details with the pics in the above article.

Nov 14, 2017 10:15 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 10:59 AM in response to Tim Lorenzen In response to Tim Lorenzen

It looks bang on, no seams, gold usb contacts, the two joiny squares are perfect even... bought it as a genuine 2m cable bit like I say serial number seems to have 13 digits as per pic, before I claim my money back through eBay I decided to ask the question of people on here, the double sided tape kinda looked rubbish and not stuck neat like I’d expect??

Nov 14, 2017 10:59 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Dumdumspl

Question: Authentic lead or not?