Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authentic lead or not?

I believe the lead should have a 12 digit serial, it looks good otherwise, but out of curiosity I’m sure I count 13 digits, see attached picture

Also the box looked excellent until I saw double sided tape sealing the bottom of the box 🙄

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 10:02 AM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2017 10:15 AM in response to Dumdumspl

This article explains in detail how to identify counterfeit Lightning cables:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204566

Provided it‘s still up to date, the serial number should indeed have 12 digits, not 13. i recommend you take a closer look at the lightning connector itself - it seems to be relatively hard to build a cheap knockoff of this connector that looks and works just like the original... So do compare its details with the pics in the above article.

Nov 14, 2017 10:59 AM in response to Tim Lorenzen

It looks bang on, no seams, gold usb contacts, the two joiny squares are perfect even... bought it as a genuine 2m cable bit like I say serial number seems to have 13 digits as per pic, before I claim my money back through eBay I decided to ask the question of people on here, the double sided tape kinda looked rubbish and not stuck neat like I’d expect??

Authentic lead or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.