Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message App with Update 11.1.1

I just updated last night to 11.1.1 and have found that my message app no longer includes the names of my contacts, and does not appear to be connecting any further with my Contacts that are provided. I do see pictures of the contacts and the phone number, but names are missing or only initials are showing. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 10:18 AM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 8:57 AM in response to smkoch1984

Hello smkoch1984,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after updating to iOS 11.1.1, your contacts are missing when using Messages. I can surely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, try forcing the Message app to close and test the issue again.
How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the contacts are still missing, tell us if you sync contacts with iCloud or any other account. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a fantastic day!

Message App with Update 11.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.