Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery? What about that update?

Wonder if they are gonna do anything about the extreme battery consumption? All I know is I bought mine brand new two weeks before 11 came out. After that it has almost doubled the battery consumption! Am I alone here?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 5:04 PM

Well, before I updated my iPhone 7 to 11.1.1 the battery life was fine. No dramatic consumption. Now, after I updated it, it shows a significant consumption while at the same time I use it less frequent.

No new apps or games installed. I even browsed and streamed less recently. Today, just about two hours, I have lost 14%. That is beyond ridiculous. 😐

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 5:04 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Well, before I updated my iPhone 7 to 11.1.1 the battery life was fine. No dramatic consumption. Now, after I updated it, it shows a significant consumption while at the same time I use it less frequent.

No new apps or games installed. I even browsed and streamed less recently. Today, just about two hours, I have lost 14%. That is beyond ridiculous. 😐

Nov 14, 2017 6:22 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I don’t think that’s the case when you google it and even the computer sites are saying the new os is consuming almost double the power. The problem is in the os and I’m beginning to think they did it that way for some reason. Maybe 11 requires more power. Maybe they did it so your battery won’t last as long over a year period and you have to buy a new phone.

Nov 14, 2017 6:33 PM in response to Dcroft39

Dcroft39 wrote:

Google it. Maybe you got lucky I’m not the only one having this problem. It’s documented all over that 11 almostcuts the life of the battery by half . Just google it. I thought it was just me too. Till I did some research.

Google "abducted by aliens". Now, tell me if that means all of those people were abducted by aliens. Googling something is, in and of itself, not research.

No one is saying you don't have a problem with your phone. However, if you jump to the conclusion that it's because of the update, and then don't do the requisite troubleshooting, you may find that you continue to have a problem even after the next update and the one after that.

So, you can complain or you can see what you can do to resolve the problem.

Nov 14, 2017 6:42 PM in response to Dcroft39

Try googling “alien abductions”. It’s all over the internet also. Or “battery drain iOS<insert any version here>“. You will get similar results. I’ve actually seen far fewer for iOS 11 than for most other versions. It’s only the users who have a problem who post about it. The half a billion (Apple‘s report of the number of upgrades) who have no problem don’t generally bother saying “I upgraded to iOS 11 and my battery life is fine”. Mine is fine, however, and seems a little better than it was with previous versions.

Your choice is to troubleshoot the problem with your phone or to live with the vain hope that some magical future release will fix it.

Nov 14, 2017 6:54 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I’ve tried so many troubleshooting processes. None that worked . The info I go by on google are from computer consultants and tech writers ofcourse you can find whatever you want out there. But I am not the only one with the problem. I have 6 apps on the phone that did not come on it I’ve gone as far as deleting them all and still same problem.

Nov 14, 2017 7:02 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I tried that ages ago I only use six apps besides the ones that came on the phone a lot of those I deleted. Yeh, yeh, you can find anything you want on google but I’m only going by what the writers and the reviewers are saying . I’ve even deleted all the apps I’ve put on the phone and still... no progress. I have been non stop troubleshooting since I first upgraded and noticed my brand new device losing its power in half the time. And I’m not th only one having this problem. Alien abductions ..... that’s funny but you take me for a fool that believes whatever is posted. I only go by what ppl who don’t work for Apple and who know That this is a problem. My phone is in tip top condition. Pretty much as it left the factory I have an Uber app, and my banking app I still use that’s it.

Battery? What about that update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.